99 Views
Wind, solar produce 10% of US electricity for first time ever
Jun 15, 2017
<h5>Wind and solar produced 10 percent of the electricity generated in the United States for the first time in March, federal energy officials said Wednesday. <br/></h5>
SPONSORED CONTENT
Chuck has been a Powur Partner since Apr 30, 2017.
Learn how you can disrupt the $6 trillion energy industry and build a 20 year residual income.

<p>THE HILL — The Energy Information Administration’s (EIA) <a href="https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=31632" target="_blank">monthly power report</a> for March found that wind produced 8 percent of the electricity produced in the U.S. that month, with solar producing 2 percent.</p><p> </p><p>The two sources combined to have their best month ever in terms of percentage of overall electricity production, EIA said. The agency expects the two sources topped 10 percent again in April but forecasts that their generation will fall below that mark during the summer months. </p><p><br/></p><p><span style="float: none;">Due to the way geographic wind patterns affect the generation of electricity, the two sources typically combine for their best months in the spring and fall. Annually, wind and solar made up 7 percent of electric generation in 2016, EIA said. </span></p><div><div><br/>
SPONSORED CONTENT
<br/><p>EIA’s report comes the day after an annual energy report from BP found renewable energy to be the <a href="http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/337610-annual-global-coal-production-sees-largest-drop-on-record" target="_blank">fastest-growing source of electricity</a> in 2016, growing by 12 percent and producing 4 percent of the world's electricity. </p><p><br/></p><p>Renewable energy advocates have cheered the industry’s growth, calling it a clean, increasingly inexpensive source of electricity. </p><p><br/></p><h5>Thank you to our friends at <i>The Hill</i> for providing the original article below:</h5></div></div>
Chuck has been a Powur Partner since Apr 30, 2017.
Learn how you can disrupt the $6 trillion energy industry and build a 20 year residual income.


About Chuck O'Neal
My Contact: 407-399-3228
My Email: chuckforflorida@gmail.com
Welcome to my Powur news. I hope the incredible news on this site inspires you and I encourage you to discover the benefits of going solar for yourself by clicking GoSolar. Learn how you can join our movement to connect the world to sustainable technologies and get paid by clicking Learn. If you have any questions, give me a call or shoot me an email above.
ABOUT POWUR
The greatest transfer of wealth in history is happening right now as society trades dirty energy for a sustainable future. Powur gives you the chance to be part of the solution and create the life of your dreams. Click on the links below to learn more.